For Teachers, Scouts & Group Leaders
Whether your group is looking for a basic overview tour, an in depth behind-the-scenes tour, a chance just to peek inside, or anything in between, our staff will accommodate you.
Things you See:
- View the Officers’ Quarters.
- Ascend to the scenic overlook for a breathtaking view of Newport Harbor & Narragansett Bay.
- Enter the restored casemates to view the Naval War College Museum Exhibit: “Technological Transformation and the Defenses of Narragansett Bay and the Nation, 1704-2004”.
- Learn about past and future plans for restoration.
- Stroll the 6 1/2 acre parade field & walk through the complex outerworks that helped defend against land attack.
- Enter, if you dare, one of the listening tunnels beneath the walls of the Fort.
- Experience over 180 years of American History, military culture, architecture & engineering.
- Depart knowing that your tour has helped ensure Fort Adams will remain for generations to come.
Things you need:
- Please make group reservations at least two weeks in advance to guarantee availability.
- Group tours take approximately one hour for 25 people. For larger groups allow extra time as multiple groups would depart in a staggered formation.
- All tours depart from the Fort Adams Trust Building, outside the Fort’s main entrance, please arrive at least 15min. prior to your scheduled departure time.
- Public Restrooms are available in the Fort Adams Visitor Center (there are no bathrooms on tour).
- While groups are encouraged to bring bagged lunches, Fort Adams State Park is Carry-In/Carry-Out.