The Fortress is more than just an excellent venue! We can complement your meeting or event with a Guided Tour or perhaps a leisurely walk or fast paced run along the Bay Walk. Team Building and leadership activities abound.
Clients have successfully hosted exceptional events including marketing & sales meetings, luncheons and dinners, corporate retreats and outings, receptions and traditional clambakes.
Fort Adams has a variety of indoor and outdoor locations suitable for 10 – 350 people or more. Ample free parking and accessible to downtown via water shuttle.
Go to Photo Gallery.
Hospitality and attention to detail are our priority. The goal: creating a memorable occasion for you and your guests. Our Choice Partners have been carefully chosen. All have extensive experience producing successful events and are appropriately licensed and insured. You can relax knowing that your event is managed professionally and executed to your specifications.
The North Lawn
A sprawling lawn overlooking the Narragansett Bay & Newport Harbor.
Magnificent panoramic water views.
- Lighted North Wall provides a beautiful backdrop.
- Home to the Newport Folk & Jazz Festivals.
- Accommodates 20 – 600+ guests. Tenting is required.
The West Lawn
An intimate water view overlooking Narragansett Bay and the Pell Bridge
Magnificent panoramic water views.
Walls of the Fort provide a beautiful back drop
Smaller lawn provides an quiet place for wedding ceremonies
Accommodates 20 – 150 guests. Tenting is required for events other than ceremonies.
The Eisenhower House
The perfect setting for weddings, family gatherings, and corporate functions. This stately mansion, built in 1873, commands breathtaking views of Newport Harbor and Narragansett Bay.
- Once the summer White House of President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- Accommodates 20-150 Guests
- Tenting location available adjacent to the house
To inquire about renting The Eisenhower House for a function, please contact Mallory Coelho.
The Parade Field
Is a 6.5 acre field inside the walls of the Fortress.
- Your guests will be surrounded by unique and interesting architecture, period lighting, and a feeling that you just stepped back in time.
- Accommodates 20 – 600+ guests.
- Tenting is required.
The North Casemates
A truly unique interior space, is located within the walls of the Fortress.
- Three vaulted, arched chambers with brick ceilings and granite walls overlook the Parade Field.
- Windows – formerly ‘embrasures’ or “gun ports” for large cannons, provide water views of the Narragansett Bay & Newport Harbor.
- Exterior brick walkways add additional space.
- Accommodates 20 – 200 guests.
The Barracks Dining Room
Offers an intimate space with many distinctive architectural characteristics.
- Restored area inside the walls of the Fort overlooking the Parade Field.
- Brick interior, polished hardwood floors.
- Furnished with hardwood banquet-style tables and bench
- Seating (other seating options available).
- Accommodates up to 40 guests.
Check out our Site Map.
To see our Site Rental Policies.
Fort Adams is conveniently located minutes from downtown Newport, a short drive from Providence and less than 2 hours from Boston. Fort Adams is easily accessible by water [seasonal].
Site Rentals include:
- Your site
- Coordination of your deliveries and services.
- Special Event staff.
- Electrical hook-ups.
- Ample free parking.
- Full service restrooms.*
*Depending upon location.
We are happy to assist you or your planning team and would enjoy discussing your event in detail. For more information, please submit an Event Request Form, email Jennifer Chapin at or call 401-619-5801.