People looking for a unique or one–of-a-kind destination for events often find themselves at Fort Adams. With several indoor and outdoor venues within the National Historic Landmark, you’ll find ideas for the perfect group or family event, social gathering, luncheon, dinner or traditional clambake. We offer flexible event settings for 10 – 350 people or more.
Go to Photo Gallery.
Hospitality and attention to detail are a priority, creating a memorable occasion for you and your guests. Our Choice Partners have been carefully chosen. All have extensive experience producing successful events and are licensed and insured. Your event will be managed professionally and executed to your specifications.
The North Lawn
A sprawling lawn overlooking the Narragansett Bay & Newport Harbor.
Magnificent panoramic water views.
- Lighted North Wall provides a beautiful backdrop.
- Home to the Newport Folk & Jazz Festivals.
- Accommodates 20 – 600+ guests. Tenting is required.
The Eisenhower House
The perfect setting for weddings, family gatherings, and corporate functions. This stately mansion, built in 1873, commands breathtaking views of Newport Harbor and Narragansett Bay.
- Once the summer White House of President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- Accommodates 20-150 Guests
- Tenting location available adjacent to the house
The Parade Field
Is a 6.5 acre field inside the walls of the Fortress.
- Your guests will be surrounded by unique and interesting architecture, period lighting, and a feeling that you just stepped back in time.
- Accommodates 20 – 600+ guests.
- Tenting is required.
The North Casemates
A truly unique interior space, is located within the walls of the Fortress.
- Three vaulted, arched chambers with brick ceilings and granite walls overlook the Parade Field.
- Windows – formerly ‘embrasures’ or “gun ports” for large cannons, provide water views of the Narragansett Bay & Newport Harbor.
- Exterior brick walkways add additional space.
- Accommodates 20 – 200 guests.
The Barracks Dining Room
Offers an intimate space with many distinctive architectural characteristics.
- Restored area inside the walls of the Fort overlooking the Parade Field.
- Brick interior, polished hardwood floors.
- Furnished with hardwood banquet-style tables and bench
- Seating (other seating options available).
- Accommodates up to 40 guests.
The Harbor Lights Lawn
Overlooks the city of Newport, Brenton Cove and Newport Harbor.
- Enjoy city lights glimmering over yachts anchored in the harbor.
- Accommodates up to 125 guests.
- Tenting required.
Check out our Site Map.
To see our Site Rental Policies.
Fort Adams is conveniently located minutes from downtown Newport, a short drive from Providence and less than 2 hours from Boston. Ample free parking and easily accessible to downtown by water shuttle [seasonal].
Site Rentals include:
- An event space
- Coordination of your deliveries and services.
- Special Event staff.
- Electrical hook-ups.
- Ample free parking.
- Full service restrooms.*
*Depending upon location.
We are happy to assist and would like to discuss your event in detail. For more information please submit an Event Request Form, email Jennifer Chapin at or call 401-619-5801.