With beautiful panoramic views of Narragansett Bay and Newport Harbor,
we’re located just minutes from downtown.
Newport is known for its gorgeous coast, Mansions from the guilded age, rich history, and a reputation as the sailing capital of the US. Mega-yachts and classic racers glide by as you share your vows!
You can choose from a variety of locations to host your event. Our impressive architecture and sprawling lawns provide a number of options to complement your wedding.
If you value a one-of-a-kind venue and incredible water views, we can accommodate you and your guests. From 30 – 350 or more.
Wedding ceremonies are encouraged if you are hosting your reception at Fort Adams.
Ample free parking and easily accessible to downtown via water shuttle.
Go to Photo Gallery.
The success of your special day is extremely important to us. Hospitality and attention to detail are our priority. Your special event will be professionally executed, creating many excellent memories for you and your guests.
- The North Lawn
A sprawling lawn overlooking the Narragansett Bay & Newport Harbor.
Magnificent panoramic water views.
- Lighted North Wall provides a beautiful backdrop.
- Home to the Newport Folk & Jazz Festivals.
- Accommodates 20 – 600+ guests. Tenting is required.
- The West Lawn
An intimate water view overlooking Narragansett Bay and the Pell Bridge
Magnificent panoramic water views.
Walls of the Fort provide a beautiful back drop
Smaller lawn provides an quiet place for wedding ceremonies
Accommodates 20 – 150 guests. Tenting is required for events other than ceremonies.
- The Eisenhower House
The perfect setting for weddings, family gatherings, and corporate functions. This stately mansion, built in 1873, commands breathtaking views of Newport Harbor and Narragansett Bay.
- Once the summer White House of President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- Accommodates 20-150 Guests
- Tenting location available adjacent to the house
To inquire about renting The Eisenhower House for a function, please contact Mallory Coelho.
- The Parade Field
Is a 6.5 acre field inside the walls of the Fortress.
- Your guests will be surrounded by unique and interesting architecture, period lighting, and a feeling that you just stepped back in time.
- Accommodates 20 – 600+ guests.
- Tenting is required.
- The North Casemates
A truly unique interior space, is located within the walls of the Fortress.
- Three vaulted, arched chambers with brick ceilings and granite walls overlook the Parade Field.
- Windows – formerly ‘embrasures’ or “gun ports” for large cannons, provide water views of the Narragansett Bay & Newport Harbor.
- Exterior brick walkways add additional space.
- Accommodates 20 – 200 guests.
- The Barracks Dining Room
Offers an intimate space with many distinctive architectural characteristics.
- Restored area inside the walls of the Fort overlooking the Parade Field.
- Brick interior, polished hardwood floors.
- Furnished with hardwood banquet-style tables and bench
- Seating (other seating options available).
- Accommodates up to 40 guests.
Check out our Site Map.
To see our Site Rental Policies.
Wedding Site Rentals include:
- Access to the site for the Bridal Party one hour prior to the start of your event.
- Photo opportunities on the grounds one hour before your event.
- Coordination of your deliveries and services.
- Special Event Staff to ensure the success of this most important occasion.
- Electrical hook-ups.
- Ample free parking.
- Full service restrooms.*
- Bridal changing area.*
*Not available for all event locations.
Our Choice Partners have all been carefully selected to ensure that your special event is managed professionally and executed to your specifications.
We are happy to assist you with your plans and would like to discuss your event in detail. For more information submit an Information Request Form or email Jennifer Chapin at or call 401-619-5801.