Host an Event
The impressive and fascinating architecture of this massive American Fortress provides a one-of-kind backdrop for your event. Narragansett Bay, Newport Harbor, City and bridge views combined with the scale and grandeur of this National Historic Landmark provide the setting you can use to create lasting memories for you and your guests.
Fort Adams is just a short ride from downtown Newport. With a variety of unique water front and water view event spaces, you have options when creating your perfect wedding, corporate event or private event. Ample free parking and accessible to downtown via water shuttle.
We are happy to assist you and would like to discuss your event in detail. For more information please complete an Event Request Form, email Jennifer Chapin at or call 401-619-5801.
The North Lawn
A sprawling lawn overlooking the Narragansett Bay & Newport Harbor.
Magnificent panoramic water views.
- Lighted North Wall provides a beautiful backdrop.
- Home to the Newport Folk & Jazz Festivals.
- Accommodates 20 – 600+ guests. Tenting is required.
The Eisenhower House
The perfect setting for weddings, family gatherings, and corporate functions. This stately mansion, built in 1873, commands breathtaking views of Newport Harbor and Narragansett Bay.
- Once the summer White House of President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- Accommodates 20-150 Guests
- Tenting location available adjacent to the house
The Parade Field
Is a 6.5 acre field inside the walls of the Fortress.
- Your guests will be surrounded by unique and interesting architecture, period lighting, and a feeling that you just stepped back in time.
- Accommodates 20 – 600+ guests.
- Tenting is required.
The North Casemates
A truly unique interior space, is located within the walls of the Fortress.
- Three vaulted, arched chambers with brick ceilings and granite walls overlook the Parade Field.
- Windows – formerly ‘embrasures’ or “gun ports” for large cannons, provide water views of the Narragansett Bay & Newport Harbor.
- Exterior brick walkways add additional space.
- Accommodates 20 – 200 guests.
The Barracks Dining Room
Offers an intimate space with many distinctive architectural characteristics.
- Restored area inside the walls of the Fort overlooking the Parade Field.
- Brick interior, polished hardwood floors.
- Furnished with hardwood banquet-style tables and bench
- Seating (other seating options available).
- Accommodates up to 40 guests.
The Harbor Lights Lawn
Overlooks the city of Newport, Brenton Cove and Newport Harbor.
- Enjoy city lights glimmering over yachts anchored in the harbor.
- Accommodates up to 125 guests.
- Tenting required.