Fight Back a Jungle
Being the “Largest Fortress in North America” can bring with it many challenge. Fort Adams originally covered over 130 acres. Although the Trust is responsible for much less now, there is still a massive area to be preserved.
Join the Unit (or units) of your choosing…
- Heavy Artillery: Battle trees, dense brush and overgrowth
- Mobile Artillery: Lighter duty brush removal
- Infantry: Help maintain previously cleared areas to make sure Fort Adams “Passes Inspection”
Tools and equipment can be provided, but bring ‘em if you’ve got ‘em!
Keep the Fort Battle Ready
The Fort’s motto was once “The Rock on which the Storm Shall Beat”.
While war never came, storms have been beating at the fort walls for almost 200 years now. If you have special skills that could help we could use your help.
- Light Construction
- Additional Skills? (We like ‘em all)
Garrison the Fort
A large group at the fort.Meet, greet and entertain. Fort Adams is open 7 days a week in season as well as for special events throughout the year. Whether you are interested in helping with daily operations or for special events, the Trust needs as many recruits as possible to make sure every visit to Fort Adams is a great one!
- Fortress of Nightmares
- Newport Storm Luau
- Special Events & more
- Hosts and greeters for people taking self guided tours.
Volunteer by yourself or with a friend.
Fort Adams is a great place to meet new people.
- Groups of any size
- Short Term / Long Term (WE like ‘em all)
Fort Adams is a 501(c)3 non-profit and we are happy to write letters for community service for anyone willing to donate their time.