For Teachers, Scouts & Group Leaders
Whether your group is looking for a basic overview tour, an in depth behind-the-scenes tour, a chance just to peek inside, or anything in between, our staff will accommodate you.
Things you see:
- View the Officers’ Quarters.
- Ascend to the scenic overlook for a breathtaking view of Newport Harbor & Narragansett Bay.
- Enter the restored casemates to view the Naval War College Museum Exhibit: “Technological Transformation and the Defenses of Narragansett Bay and the Nation, 1704-2004”.
- Learn about past and future plans for restoration.
- Stroll the 6 1/2 acre parade field & walk through the complex outerworks that helped defend against land attack.
- Enter, if you dare, one of the listening tunnels beneath the walls of the Fort.
- Experience over 180 years of American History, military culture, architecture & engineering.
- Depart knowing that your tour has helped ensure Fort Adams will remain for generations to come.
Things you need:
Please make group reservations at least two weeks in advance to guarantee availability.
Group tours take approximately one hour for 25 people. For larger groups allow extra time as multiple groups would depart in a staggered formation.
All tours depart from the Fort Adams Visitor Center, outside the Fort’s main entrance, please arrive at least 15min. prior to your scheduled departure time.
Public Restrooms are available in the Fort Adams Visitor Center (there are no bathrooms on tour).
While groups are encouraged to bring bagged lunches, Fort Adams State Park is Carry-In/Carry-Out.