Ideal for any scout, student or organized group! Overnight stays allow your group the truly unique opportunity to sleep inside an original 19th Century Fortress. Sleep like the soldiers slept in our restored bunk rooms. Or pitch your own tents and sleep under the stars on our 6 ½ acre parade field.
Our Overnight Barracks includes four modern bathrooms, a common room with a kitchen area, oak tables and benches and a mid-nineteenth century wood burning stove, as well as, three bunk rooms containing a total of 38 bunk spaces.
Most of the overnight facility has been finished in plain style to look like an Army barracks, while the chaperones quarters restoration was done with great effort made to maintain its original Greek revival Architecture.
|Barracks Overnight||Tented Overnight|
|$30 per person per night||$18 per person per night|
|(Includes guided tour)||(Guided tour $4 per person)|
|Minimum of 10 people|
Activities for Overnight Groups:
Guided Tours- Anyone staying in our Overnight Barracks receives a complimentary overview tour of Historic Fort Adams.
(tented campers discounted rate of $4 per person)
Tunnel Rat Tours- Includes Q &A booklet, Fort Adams Pencil and Tunnel Rat Patch.
$6 per person in Barracks or $9 per person in tents
Community Service and Eagle Projects-We strongly encourages anyone interested in performing community service projects at the Fort to contact the Trust for more information.
Projects have included, but are not limited to; brush clearing, painting, trash removal and small construction projects.
For more information or to request a copy of our Overnight Handbook contact Robert McCormack, in the office, at (401) 619-5802 or e-mail .
Important things to know before your Group Overnight:
- Any group interested in an overnight must possess a certificate of insurance with $1,000,000 per occurrence liability and $2,000,000 in general aggregate (call for more info)
- Space is limited, please make group reservations as far in advance as possible.
- Overnight stays are booked on a first come first serve. Only receipt of your 50% deposit payment and signed contract guarantees your reservation.
- Groups interested in a tented overnight must provide their own tents.
- Groups interested in staying in the barracks must provide their own sleeping bags or blankets.
- When space allows there may be more then one group staying overnight. Flexibility in this regard allows the Trust to offer this unique opportunity to more groups.
- Fort Adams State Park has a ‘Carry-in Carry-out’ policy. There are no dumpsters available for public use.
- Campfires are permitted only within the pre-existing fire pit.
- Propane stoves many not be used inside the Overnight Barracks. Picnic tables have been placed near the barracks for this reason.
- Food is not included. Snacks / sandwiches may be available from park food vendor. (Late May to mid September, located both outside the Visitor Center, and the Fort Adams Mule Barn.)
- Groups must be under adult supervision at all times.